Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm Still Here...

Hello!

So I've been getting some complaints that the blog hasn't been updated. So I'm updating Hooray!! We've had a very busy month.

It started with San Fran/Napa and we had the most amazing time in Napa. Far Niente was our favorite winery. It's Italian for "Without a Care". We cruised around in the 80 degree temps in our rental convertible. Stopped by the Oakville Grocery for Lunch (Very Similar to Dean & Deluca) and just soaked up everything Napa. We hope to make a return trip sometime in the near future!
The very next week, we had an impromptu trip to Montreal, Canada. We ran in to Mary Kate Olsen the very first day I was there. We watched a light show at Notre Dame ( a smaller version of the Paris edition). I was very suprised at how much Montreal is like France/Europe. Most everyone spoke predominatly French and the weather was absolutely perfect. Lots of great restaurants/boutiques. Zach was there for work and I came up to meet him on Friday and we left Sunday together. Short, Direct 2hr flight. Loved it and would definitely go back.

The following weekend we went to Gallena, IA to meet Zach's Aunt Kim & Uncle Tom. Gallena is very quaint, cute and charming. Rows and rows of cute shops and restaurants. We took a ferry ride down the Mississippi River and enjoyed being with Kim and Tom.

The following weekend Zach's parents were visiting. The guys headed to Wrigley to take in a Father/Son baseball game and Linda and I explored downtown. We checked out the new and much bigger Barney's and had a makeup consultation from Nars. We enjoyed a concert/picnic in Oak Park on Father's Day.

This weekend we celebrated a few "firsts". Our first 4th of July as the Severins and our first 4th of July in Chicago! We headed down to Grant Park and watched the most amazing firework show over the lake. We couldn't have had a more perfect view. It was perfect.
As we headed home, the El was expectedly packed afterwards. People were standing shoulder to shoulder with little wiggle room. All of a sudden some girls got off the train screaming and we heard a "pop, pop, pop" noise. The conductor instructed everyone to get down and to stay on the train. A few moments later we heard another "pop, pop, pop". You never know what can happen and what people are capable of doing. As I jumped to the ground, my eyes met Zach's and I started to tear up. You never know how you will react in a situation until you are put in it. We were both pretty shook up about it but as far as we know everyone is Okay and we can't find the full story online. So we're not exactly sure what the circumstances/full story is.

So I apologize to everyone who has been checking the blog. We are here and keeping very busy!! Happy Belated 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment