Today was a very exciting day at OMD. Cathie Black the President of Hearst Corporation paid a visit to us( Hearst produces O, the Oprah Magazine, Marie Claire, Cosmo, Seventeen, Harpers Bazaar, and their newest creation... The Food Network Magazine).
It was a little over a year ago at this time that I saw Cathie on Oprah promoting her book "Basic Black". I instantly requested this book for my birthday and it was the fastest book I have ever read. What Cathie is known for is pitching the idea to Oprah, that hey, maybe you should get a magazine and it would be really successful. Cathie has exemplified what it means for women to break the "glass ceiling" and I was very grateful for the opportunity to meet her today and have her sign my copy of "Basic Black". She signed my book," To Cindy: Go For It!" I brought my camera to the meeting, but I didn't want to be "that girl" so I don't have a picture to share on my blog.
Check out her biography at: http://www.hearst.com/biography_corporate.php?name=Cathie+Black
Love it.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment