Wow, it has been a whirlwind these past few months. Summer is over and fall is officially settling in.
I wanted to thank all of my friends who have expressed concern for my mom and family. A girl can only dream of being so lucky with the incredible support I have and I can't imagine life without you guys!! My mom had a heart attack last Thursday while I was in Portland. I was checking out of my hotel when my brother called to tell me that an ambulance had been to my parents house as they thought my mom had a heart attack. As soon as I landed in Omaha, I headed straight to Bergan to visit her. I would have never known this woman had just had a heart attack. We laughed and talked a lot that night. She was in great spirits, although I think this experience did scare her.
The next day I had a chance to speak with the doctor. There are 3 main arteries that pump blood to the heart and one of my mom's was 75% blocked, so on Friday they put a stint in. She has since started cardiac rehab at Lakeside and with that many changes will need to be made to her diet and lifestyle, however, she is doing very well. Heart disease runs in our family and my mom's brother passed away from a heart attack at just 37.
Heart disease is the number one killer of women, taking the life of 1 in 3 women each year. This year, I am volunteering for the Go Red for Women event in Omaha. More than ever, I would appreciate your support to help find a cure for this disease. November 8th will be an educational night full of fun and a silent auction for all you shoppers, hope you can make it!!
Please check out the event details at http://www.omahagoredforwomen.org/
Hope to see you there!
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment