Thursday, August 8, 2013
Most Beautiful Girl
We are beyond blessed for such an amazing little girl that joined us a day before her due date (did I call it or what?!). Reese has been an incredible baby and I can't even remember what life was like before she joined our family. Reese officially slept all through the night 8+ hours at 11 weeks. What a champ!! But she was pretty much going 6 or so hours several weeks before that and I wasn't complaining!! Makes mommy happy!! I truly think there is a connection to how they are in the womb to how they are when they arrive. She was very mild and didn't kick her mama in the ribs like i've heard from some other expecting mamas. She didn't move a lot at night either, so I got tons of rest while I was preggers!!
I have had the best 3.5 months and summer of my life. She is truly the best thing that has ever happened to Zach and I and we couldn't be more grateful for our healthy, sweet little miracle.
I am gearing up to go back to work. (PS, spring/summer is the absolutely the BEST time to have a baby.) Someone asked me what my favorite part of maternity leave has been and I quickly replied, "everything!". I love spending my days with Reese, I love the opportunity to snuggle whenever we choose, I love that I am taking care of her and giving her everything she needs to be happy and healthy. I love that I know her inside and out. We have had several fun girls days, mommy and me activities, walks, shopping trips, lunch dates, visit to KC, surprise visits to daddy's office. Everything has been fun and it really helps when you have such a happy, happy baby!! I love celebrating her firsts. First time at the park, first time swimming, first time putting her toes in the sand, first time at Von Maur and Nordstrom, etc. Everyday feels like we have a reason to celebrate!!
Going back to work will be extremely different and hard. That's one thing I have realized about being a mama. Nothing stays the same. There's always going to be different stages, etc and new things will constantly be happening. We will adjust and this will be just another change we will endure. I know that I love that girl with all my heart. I am easing back into work with some half days and then bam, I'm off to California for a week (talk about jumping right back in, eh?). I wasn't too thrilled about the trip but I've gotten used to the idea/fact and daddy will face time with mommy and I'll just have to blow my smooches through the phone!!
Being a mom is truly one of the most amazing, rewarding and self-fulling things. My absolute favorite time was those first two weeks or so when she first arrived. Everything was so new and she smelled so sweet (new baby smell, who knew?!). I loved the excitement at the hospital and the anticipation of who will she look like, what time will she arrive, how much will she weigh? All of those questions answered. Such an amazing time, that truly does fly by in a blink but that I will never, ever forget.
I'm so excited to watch as her personality develops and begins to show through, each week it seems there's a new change or milestone. She is so smiley and happy. I know how incredibly lucky we are!!!!
Loving life and our sweet baby girl. I will enjoy my "last" 2 weeks at home with her and then it's time for a new change. Here we go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment